August 25, 2014
Hello S.A.C. Prep Families,
The first ten days of school have come and gone; just 169 more days to go. Please take a few minutes to read some school news and about upcoming events.
This Thursday, August 28, 2014 is Back-‐to-‐School Night. The event begins at 5:00pm, and will end at 7:00pm. The teachers will be opening up their classrooms and will be sharing information about the upcoming school year. During Back-‐to-‐School night, uniform purchases will be available.
Lunch & Breakfast
S.A.C. Prep contracts food services from SCUSD. There was confusion in the information they provided about free lunches. After contacting SCUSD Nutrition Services, I was able to get clarification:
- Breakfast is free for all students this year. We are encouraging all students to have breakfast in order to begin receiving hot breakfasts.
- Your Free/Reduced lunch status is based on your previous year’s status until mid-‐September. If you qualified for Free/Reduced lunch last year, you will still qualify this year until mid-‐September. You need to resubmit your lunch form with updated information.
- If you were full-‐pay last year and you believe you qualify for Free/Reduced lunch, then you must submit a new lunch form.
- If you are new to S.A.C. Prep, you will be charged for meals until you submit your lunch form. Once your form is processed, the charges will be reversed.
- If you are still having issues please document any information (names, reference numbers, times/dates you called),
and we will be happy to help you. Contact Ms. Silva or Mr. Hernandez for any additional help.
Student attendance is very important. When a student is tardy or absent from school, they are missing important academic minutes. With the transition to Common Core State Standards, it is important that students do not miss any academic minutes. Also, please remember that in order to have an unexcused absence or tardy, a doctor’s note or other documentation must be provided.
Drop‐off & Pick-up
The bus lane is open for student drop-‐off and pick-‐up. The bus lane is for DROP-‐OFF & PICK-‐UP ONLY. THERE IS TO BE NO PARKING IN THE BUS LANE. If you need to leave your vehicle, you must park on the street. In order to make sure there is a consistent flow of traffic, there will be no visitor parking between 7:15am to 8:00am and 2:30pm to 3:15pm. All visitors must utilize street parking during those times. If it becomes a safety issue or people do not follow the drop-‐off and pick-‐up rules, then S.A.C. Prep will return to street parking only for drop-‐off and pick-‐up. Please help us be good neighbors and avoid parking in front of driveways. Parking enforcement will begin patrolling the area soon, so be aware of the parking laws and rules. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
By now you should have received your login for Quickschools. Please take a few moments to login and review the web site. On this web site you will be able to check your student grades, missing assignments, and attendance. If you have more than one student attending S.A.C. Prep and do not see them when you login, please contact Ms. Silva in the front office. She will be happy to assist you.
Please read your student handbook in regards to the uniform policy. If you do not have a student handbook it can be downloaded from our web site: www.sacprep.org.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the school.
Norman G. Hernandez Judy Yang
Director of Operations Director of Curriculum & Instructions